There might be problems lurking just below the surface with your project. This tool uses lateral thinking to bring them out.
Download this deck of photo cards of warning signs – or use a collection of road traffic signs from the Highway Code.
- Pick a sign and ask yourself “If this was warning me about a problem with my project, what could that problem be?”
- Interpret the sign in as many ways as you can (see examples below).
- Write any potential problems down.
- Pick another sign and repeat the exercise.
- After 20 minutes, go back through your list and pick out any problems you think may be real. Plot them on a matrix to decide which ones need your attention.